SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Sales Coordinator for SMG/Navy Pier. This position is responsible for assisting the Navy Pier Sales Department achieve revenue goals by providing administrative support and entry level sales efforts. The Sales Coordinator will be responsible for managing key areas of the department including but not limited to, sales proposals and site visits for short term leads in the Social, F&B, and Meetings market segments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with responding to incoming leads in one or more of the following Market Segments: Meetings, Social, and F&B.
- Assists in the research of potential targeted accounts and desired events for their assigned market segment within the short-term booking window (less than 18 months) based primarily on financial benefit to the facility and ability to fit into available space.
- Creates detailed proposals for assigned leads and prospective events within assigned market segments.
- Serves as the customer’s initial Navy Pier contact for assigned leads. Guides customer from initial planning through the execution of a license agreement, then ensures a smooth transition to the event services team.
- Participates in the activities of various industry associations and meetings to establish and maintain contact with potential customers, and educate them on the advantages of hosting their events in Navy Pier.
- Responsible for customer amenities and gifting programs, mailings and distributions.
- Assists with administration of internal hosted customer events to include invitation administration, registration, event organization and attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related subject is preferred OR the equivalent in work related experience (4 years) is required
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management Ability to work irregular hours that may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Some travel may be needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong proficiency Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; may be required to move around the facility; use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle office correspondence.
Recruiter- Stella Butera
600 East Grand
Chicago, IL. 60611
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 312.791.7000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.