|Join your hospitality industry colleagues for HUG Chicago 2012 on Thursday, April 26
HUG Chicago is a volunteer program created by Hospitality Cares Chicago (HCC), a not-for-profit partnership between the Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau and Chicago's hospitality and civic organizations. HCC and its partner organizations are dedicated to the beautification and protection of Chicago's structural assets visible to and accessed by visitors to Chicago.
The HCC Steering Committee has identified a variety of high-traffic areas throughout the city that are accessed by visitors and need a "hug" from our volunteers. HUG Chicago 2012 is proudly sponsored by the Chicago Cubs and is the city's official kick-off to National Tourism Week.
||Registration & Kick-Off at Wrigley Field (rain or shine)
||Transportation to projects
Assignments include mulching, painting, power washing and planting, and will be shared at registration.
||Transportation from projects to Wrigley Field
Thank you concert with Umphrey's McGee at Park West
Register for Concert Only
Registrations are limited and will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All participants MUST be 21 years of age or older
- Complimentary parking will be provided during the day in the Cubs Green Lot located on Grace Street at Clifton just east of Clark
- T-shirts, hats and lanyards will be provided at check-in
- Lunch and beverages will be provided
- Your lanyard will be your access badge to the concert that evening - a private event for those who volunteer
- Beverages and snacks will be provided at the concert
- Parking for the concert is at the volunteer's expense
- Concert attendees are encouraged to bring canned goods to the concert or the kick-off at Wrigley Field. All items will be donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Also, be sure to like HUG Chicago on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HugChicago2012
Sponsors (to date):
Primary Sponsor:: Chicago Cubs
Supporting Sponsors:: Bannerville USA, Berghoff Catering & Restaurant Group, Buca di Beppo, Chicago Trolley and Double Decker Bus Co., D'Agostino's, Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, Freeman, Global Experience Specialists (GES), InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, New York Bagel, OscarEinzig, Paramount Events, Park West, PSAV.
In partnership with:
Association Forum of Chicagoland, Chicago Loop Alliance, Chicago Park District, Chicago Public Art Group, Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, Greater North Michigan Avenue Association (GNMAA), Green Meetings Industry Council (GMIC), Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA), Midwest Chapter of International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE - MWC), Mayor's Office, City of Chicago (One Good Deed Chicago), Meeting Professionals International Chicago Area Chapter (MPI-CAC), Greater Midwest Chapter of the Professional Convention Management Association (GMC-PCMA).