Alisa Peters, CMP, CMM
National Account Manager
7215 Saddle Oaks Drive
Cary, IL 60013
Ph: (847) 8787043
MPI-CAC Leadership Conversations Blog
There has never been a more exciting time to be a member of the MPI Chicago Area Chapter and I am particularly proud to serve as your 2010-2011 MPI-CAC President.
This year we have an amazing set of volunteer leaders who have only just begun to innovate, create and imagine you into the year of the brand new “normal” (as the world looks nothing like it did just a few short years ago). Through a collaboration of the brightest and most experienced minds in the industry, mixed with the fresh eyes of one of the largest student memberships in the world, we have a membership experience for you that is designed to keep you on the cutting edge of what’s next in technology, innovation, and to communicate what the meetings and events of tomorrow will look like. Our Chapter is creating the future of our industry and if you haven’t already, we would welcome you to join us.
As the largest Chapter of Meeting Professionals International in the world, the Chicago Area Chapter is positioned to celebrate 2010-2011 by:
- Offering the most cutting edge industry education, from the entry level to the most seasoned and senior meeting professionals, featuring incredible content and speakers lined up to help you build on yesterday to create your new tomorrow.
- Hosting live and online networking opportunities that offer unparalleled relationship building opportunities for our members, prospective members and the employers that support them.
- Continuing to actively welcome and recruit some of the most experienced, diverse and innovative minds in our industry. Been through it all, seen it all? We need you.
- By embracing and cultivating an active student and faculty community (our future leaders) with local universities and industry programs.
On a global level, MPI has some amazing things in store for you as a member this year as well including:
- International Conferences, providing you the opportunity to connect with your peers on a global level
- A partnership with IMEX, America’s worldwide exhibition for incentive travel, meetings & events allowing supplier members a unique tradeshow opportunity, and planner members a fabulous hosted buyer program.
- Cutting edge industry research and whitepapers through the MPI Foundation, designed to help you show the value of meetings & events to your organization.
- Access to online education (much of it free to members) and the Global Knowledge Plan designed to help you understand and attain industry certifications to further your career, from CMP to CMM to MBA.
- A generous grant and scholarship program to support meeting professionals in need of financial assistance in meeting their professional goals.
- An active online community of industry professionals for you to connect with when you need them.
Dive in and engage with us this year… as this membership experience is a unique one. We welcome your insight, input and participation in creating what tomorrow looks like.