MPI-CAC 2017-2018 Board Nominations
MAKE A COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF AND YOUR CHICAGO CHAPTER
Nominations are now closed.
Our strong and vibrant MPI chapter relies upon the dedication and outstanding service of our volunteers! This is a great opportunity to build your professional skill set, expand your network and contribute to the long-term success of the Chicago meetings industry.
The Nominating Committee is seeking candidates to serve as officers and directors on the 2017-2018 Board of Directors taking office on July 1, 2017. The following positions are open for nomination:
- (1) President-Elect: One-year term, with automatic succession to President in 2018-2019
- (6) Vice Presidents: One-year term
- (9) Directors: One-year terms
The Board of Directors is currently composed of 18 chapter members (9 officers and 9 directors). The 2016-2017 President, Tina Reedy, will become the Immediate Past President and 2016-2017 President-Elect, Cory Fransway, will take office as the 2017-2018 MPI-CAC President.
Please review the Board of Directors Commitment Outline & Position Descriptions prior to submitting a nomination form. In addition, you may refer to our chapter bylaws for specifics on these important positions.
Criteria for Nominees
Any non-student member in good standing is eligible for nomination. The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria in considering candidates:
- Willingness and ability to fulfill the obligations of office in the capacity indicated
- History of involvement, accomplishment and dependable service to MPI or the chapter
- Desire to contribute time, energy, support and creativity to the chapter with consent of employer
- Leadership, business and management experience outside of MPI
- Completed application and Commitment Form
- Results of phone or personal interview if applicable
If you know a current member that would be best utilized at the board level, please nominate that person. It’s perfectly acceptable to nominate more than one individual for any of the board positions. Self-nominations are welcomed and encouraged – please nominate yourself if you are interested!
The deadline for nominations is Monday, November 21, 2016 and the deadline for Board Candidate Interest forms is Friday, December 16, 2016.
Interviews will be conducted with all President-Elect candidates during the Nominating Committee Meeting in mid-January. Members of the Nominating Committee will request interviews with all candidates to occur prior to the Nominating Committee Meeting. The committee will recommend one candidate per position on a slate that will be presented to the membership in January, and if no positions are contested, elected candidates will take office on July 1, 2016. View the list of appointed Nominating Committee members.
Thank you in advance for your nomination,
Immediate Past President & Nominating Committee Chair