MPI-CAC offers a wide variety of educational opportunities for our members.
- Educational Conference – As one of the Chapter's premier educational event, the Educational Conference provides planners and suppliers of all experience levels with invaluable education including a series of professional development sessions on social media trends, legal issues and general industry issues. The MPI-CAC 2014 Educational Conference is a one-day program filled with sessions covering a wide range of topics that will help meeting professionals learn more about the industry. The innovative programming will simultaneously challenge the audience, inspire connections and move people to action. Past Educational Conferences have combined keynote speakers, multiple breakout sessions and networking opportunities to create a full day focused on professional development.
- Technology Conference – At the MPI-CAC TechCon 2015, attendees will learn about the various options for incorporating technology into their next meeting or event, from the planning stage to event execution and everywhere in between. Suppliers will learn how to build relationships from technology to build trust and ultimately deliver sales. We'll explore how technology can help solve common challenges that meeting planners and suppliers ranging from sales/sale leads, event marketing, and AV.
- Education Programs – MPI-CAC offers a variety education programs throughout the year. These two-hour programs have highlighted past topics such as Project Management, Contract Negotiations and Strategic Meeting Managment.
- Knowledge Shares – A consistent winner, Knowledge Shares are roundtable discussions with focused topics of discussions. Led by Subject Matter Experts, attendees come together for a more informal educational setting. Generally held in two locations simultaneously, downtown and suburban member enjoy the relaxed environment with great conversations.
- CMP Study Group – MPI-CAC hosts an interactive review weekend prior to the twice-yearly Certified Meeting Professional examination. The “boot camp” program offers a comprehensive review of all CMP blueprint areas, exam-taking tips, as well as networking opportunities with current chapter CMPs and future CMPs.
- Subject Matter Expert Program – This program provides MPI-CAC members the opportunity to build relationships with other chapter members, who are qualified industry experts, for valuable, practical, “how to” assistance to achieve performance excellence in the meetings profession or to seek an answer to a timely question or issue. The program is designed to provide for more short-term feedback in a very specific matter.