Meeting Professionals International (MPI), the meeting and event industry's largest and most vibrant global community, helps our members thrive by providing human connections to knowledge and ideas, relationships, and marketplaces for meeting professionals in the Chicago Area.
The vision is activated by using four strategies:
- EVOLVE to a global community,
- RE-IMAGINE business relationship with its chapters,
- ELEVATE the member conversation and experience, and
- BUILD a great organization.
MPI membership is comprised of more than 24,000 members belonging to 70 chapters and clubs worldwide. More than 1,000 members strong, the Chicago Area Chapter is the largest chapter in MPI. In addition to its distinction in terms of membership size, dedication and involvement, the chapter is also one of the founding chapters and rich with industry history.
What’s In It For You?
- MPI is leading the charge to make meetings and events, and those who produce them, a key strategic component of every organization’s business. We are committed to your success.
- MPI provides world-class education customized to your level and position, opportunities to build professional relationships, and a personalized lifetime professional development plan for you.
- For employers, MPI provides you with the education, contacts, and tools you need to execute more effective meetings that further the organization’s overall strategic goals and demonstrate ROI.
- For suppliers, MPI means business via exposure for your company to more than 10,000 planners with average budgets over $1.5 million.
- Benefits for all members include chapter membership, volunteer leadership opportunities, discounts on MPI products and conferences, subscription for The Meeting Professional, early access to news and trends, and research such as salary surveys, industry forecasts, multicultural projections and more.
MPI membership belongs to the individual supplier or planner who originally joins the association, even if the employer paid for it. If the employer pays for the membership and the member leaves their organization, the employer is eligible to receive a trial three-month "limited membership". After the three-month trial, the member is expected to pay full annual dues to continue the membership. Please call Member Services at 972-702-3053 for details.
Member dues are non-refundable and are due annually on the anniversary date of acceptance. Dues quoted are subject to change. Annual membership includes a $99 USD annual subscription to The Meeting Professional magazine. Approximately 18% dues are rebated to local chapters for membership support and education.