Enhance Your Value. Maximize Your Potential.
Become a part of Meeting Professionals International Chicago Area Chapter (MPI-CAC) and you'll stay on the cutting edge of today's constantly changing and challenging meeting environment with the country's largest MPI Chapter!
Whether you are a full-time meeting planner, someone who plans meetings as only part of your job responsibilities, a business owner, an association executive, or a supplier to the meeting industry, we invite you to join Meeting Professionals International Chicago Area Chapter (MPI-CAC).
How to Get the Most Out of Your MPI Membership
Your reason for joining Meeting Professionals International (MPI), or wanting to join, might not be the same as a colleague at the last educational program or new contact you met at a recent networking event. Take the Membership Quiz to determine what type of MPI member you are based on your interests, and learn about the many options available to maximize your valuable return on investment (ROI).
10 Great Reasons to be an MPI Member
1. Educational Excellence and Professional Development - Whether you have three or 30 years experience, you can look to MPI for a lifetime of content-rich adult learning. Many offerings focus on business skills for life, core competencies such as financial management, marketing and leadership development, to the value of meeting and event professionals bring to their organizations. Use your education, experience and expertise and get certified with either your CMM (Global Certification in Meeting Management)or CMP (Certified Meeting Professional).
2. Chapter Networking Events - You can stay in the know about what is happening and become a part of the Chicago planner community through chapter events including valuable networking opportunities.
3. National and International Planner Community Links - Establish invaluable contacts with more than 22,000 meeting professionals and suppliers in 68 different Chapters Worldwide. Attend the International conventions and seminars.
4. MPI Foundation - Meeting Professionals International Foundation (MPI Foundation) focuses on providing members opportunities for success through meaningful connections to innovative knowledge, rich relationships and abundant marketplaces. The MPI Foundation also awards money for individual grants, major grants as well as scholarships which help our members advance their professional lives.
5. The Meeting Professional - As an added value, you will receive a variety of communications to stay connected to the international meeting industry; The Meeting Professional - MPI's award-winning monthly magazine features comprehensive coverage of MPI members and Conversations+Connections - our chapter's bi-weekly e-newsletter.
6. Leadership Opportunities - Ensure a lifetime of enriched personal and professional development opportunities by getting involved as a chapter board member, committee chair, or volunteer. Or, move on to international leadership.
7. MPI-CAC Subject Matter Expert (SME) Program - The Subject Matter Expert (SME) program provides MPI-CAC members the opportunity to build relationships with other chapter members, who are qualified industry experts, for valuable, practical, “how to” assistance to achieve performance excellence in the meetings profession or to seek an answer to a timely question or issue. The program is designed to provide for more short-term feedback in a very specific matter.
8. Membership Directory - In both a printed and online format, members have unlimited use of thistargeted reference resource. If you are a planner looking for a supplier partner, a supplier with resources for the planning community or if you are just looking for the member you met at the last MPI-CAC event, you will find a section of the directory to meet your needs. To request a copy of the current MPI-CAC Membership Directory, submit a directory request.
9. Professional Recognition - MPI recognizes superior contributions to the association and industry through outstanding events, chapters and individual accomplishments. Take the opportunity to be recognized for your achievements or to work with others to make your chapter an award winner.
10. Professional Resources - MPI Member Solutions is a suite of online and offline personalized products and services to meet the career growth and resource needs of meeting professionals. MPI Member Solutions offers an array of knowledge and professional advancement tools delivered for skills assessment, career counseling, resume building and more...
The annual membership fee is $375.00 for US-based planners and $500.00 for US-based suppliers. Both include a $50.00 admission fee. Annual dues include membership in the international organization and one local chapter. Affiliate memberships in other local chapters are available as well.